1. From microsuede or felt fabric, cut a crescent shape measuring approximately 6-1/2” x 3-1/2”. The widest point should be at the center and taper off to two 1/2” wide points at the ends. This will be the base of the necklace.
2. Beginning at one end of the base, place sheer petal trim along the upper edge of the base to the other end. TIP: The trim is made of sheer fabric petals mounted on a soft netting band. Line up the edge of the band with the edge of the base, molding the band to the rounded shape, pinning in place while working. The petals will naturally extend over the edge of the base. Upon reaching the other end, cut off excess trim.
3. Beginning at the first end of the base, place sheer petal trim along the lower edge of the base as described in Step 2.
4. With a hand sewing needle and matching thread, stitch the trim to the base, stitching though the netting base only and leaving the sheer petals free. Remove all pins when both rows have been secured.
5. Place rows of sheer petal trim to fill in the remainder of the base, placing the rows close enough together so that the petals look full and the base fabric is not visible. Hand-stitch each row before placing a new row of trim until the base is completely covered.
6. Place a flat jewelry end cap on one end of the base, enclosing the base fabric. Pinch closed with pliers. Repeat on other end of base.
7. Slide one split ring onto each end cap ring.
8. Cut chain in half; there will be two lengths of chain, each measuring 9” long.
9. With length of chain, slide last link onto end cap split ring, connecting the chain to the end cap. Repeat on other side with remaining length of chain.
10. Try necklace on to determine desired length. TIP: be sure to account for the length of the toggle closure (approximately 3/4") before trimming of excess chain.
11. Slide remaining split rings onto the ends of the chains. Slide each end of the toggle closure onto the split rings, connecting the chain ends to the closure to finish.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>