Idea Market Shell Stencils & Barnacles Lantern
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted sea shells, starfish & barnacles
- One large globe lantern with flat base
- Sand textured Krylon® Paint
- Goop® adhesive
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Clear ontact paper
- Pillar candle
- Paper towels & window cleaner
1. Clean glass inside and out.
2. Draw seashell shapes on the paper backing of the contact paper.
3. Cut the seashell shapes out of the Contact paper and apply to the lantern spacing them evenly around the lantern about 2" apart.
4. In a well-ventilated area, place the lantern on newspaper and spray paint from the bottom up about halfway.
5. Allow the lantern to completely dry.
6. Peel off the Contact paper shell stencils.
7. Dry-run arrange the seashells around the bottom perimeter of the lantern starting with a center focus and then taper off around the globe.
8. Apply adhesive to the backside of the shells, also putting on dabs of hot glue to initially secure the shell. Work quickly and place shell in desired location. Hold in place for a few seconds. Continue to do this with each shell.
9. Adhesive will continue to dry overnight.