Shibori Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- PVC pipe, 4” diameter approx. 12” in length
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp shirt out flat on prepared surface, smooth flat with hands.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to all dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved.
- Roll fabric around a nonabsorbent tube such as a PVC pipe.
- Tightly scrunch both ends of fabric toward center and secure ends with rubber bands.
- Apply dye to fabric, rotating tube as necessary to saturate fabric.
- Cover shirt with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Cut rubber bands. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.