Shimmery Sunset Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One-Step Fashion Dye: Brown, Orange, Red
- Fabric Spray Paint: Gold Glitter
- Dye Surface Cover
- Large canvas tote
- Rubber bands
- Rubber gloves
- Washing machine
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Prewash tote. Do not use fabric softener.
- Starting 2 inches in from the bottom left corner of damp tote, secure a rubber band around section of fabric.
- Squeeze tote together and continue adding rubber bands every 2 inches until entire tote is tied into a tube shape with rubber band with 8 sections.
- Cover work surface with Dye Surface Cover.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to each dye bottle to line indicated. Replace caps tightly and shake bottles until dye is dissolved. Make sure rubber banded tote is wet and place on covered surface.
- Squeeze out Brown dye onto the first 2 rubber banded sections. Tip: Slightly roll tote over while squeezing on dye for better coverage.
- For the 3rd banded section, squeeze Brown onto half and Red on the other half of the section.
- Continue adding Red to the next 2 sections and half of the 6th section.
- Add Orange to the remaining part of the 6th section and the remaining part of the tote.
- Let dye sit for 6 hours. Rinse thoroughly and hang to dry.
- Spray glitter all over bag. Allow to dry, flip and repeat for back side.