SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Round neck T-shirt
- 2 yards of sequin trim
- Measuring tape
- Straight pins
- Fabric marker or pen
- Craft glue
- Hand sewing needle
- Matching thread
1. If new, launder and dry T-shirt. This will pre-shrink the shirt if needed before any embellishment is placed.
2. Lay the tee shirt on a flat surface and measure to find the center front of the neckline. Mark with a pin.
3. Draw out half of the collar shape desired on paper and cut out to use as a template.
4. Using fabric marker or pen, trace the collar shape onto the T-shirt, flipping the template at the center front and matching the shapes at the pin to create a symmetrical collar.
5. Place a dab of glue where the outline drawn meets the shoulder seam of the T-shirt and place first row of sequin trim. Use glue to help form the first sequin strand.
6. Hand-sew through sequin trim at every 3 or 4 sequins to secure trim to T-shirt, making sure to sew down the first and last sequins of each row.
7. Start filling in the collar shape with strands of sequins, starting at the outside and work inward. Continue to sew down at every 3 or 4 sequins to secure until collar shape is completely filled in.
Care Instructions: Machine wash cold on gentle cycle, lay flat to dry.