Shirred Pompom Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2-1/2 yards Conso pompom fringe
- 1 yard drapery weight silk or fabric of your choice
- 14" square pillow form
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
- Cut a 15"x15" piece of fabric.
- Cut a 15"x30" piece of fabric.
- Sew loose running stitch along 30" sides of the fabric, 1/4" in from edge, leaving 6" thread tails on each end.
- Gently pull thread tails and gather fabric until it measures 15" square.
- Sew gathered sides down to hold in place.
- Cut fringe into six 15" pieces.
- Refer to PDF/photo. Pin fringe on top of shirred fabric square; begin with 2 lengths in the center of the pillow. Pin the remaining pieces at an equal distance apart.
- Sew in place along the pompom header. Snip any pompoms within 1/2" of the pillow edge.
- Pin pillow front to back, with right sides together. Stitch together using 1/2" seam allowance, leaving a 5" to6" opening. Clip corners.
- Turn right side out. Check that trim is enclosed in all seams.
- Insert pillow form and close opening with slip stitch or top stitch.