1. Draw an asymmetrical star onto a piece of cardstock and cut out to use as a template. The widest point of the star should be about 9&. Pin the template to the foam sheet, about 4&in from one end. Following the packaging instructions carefully, use the StyroCutter&Plus to cut the star out of the foam. Pierce the foam with the blade and use the template as a guide to cut a clean, straight edge.
2. Center a piece of 16&x40&silver satin fabric over the foam sheet and wrap around the edges, as if it were a gift. Secure the satin at the back of the sheet with glue.
3. Clip the satin at the center of the star opening. Trim back the satin gluing it down around the inside edges of the star to conceal the foam. At the points of the star, pleat the satin so that it lies flat.
4. Insert pins around the front outside edge of the star about 1/2&apart. Insert pins around the front outside edge of the foam sheet about 1/2&apart as well.
5. Tie one end of the brown/metallic yarn to a pin and begin stringing from the outside edge, to the star and then back to the outside edge. Make a starburst pattern around the star from pin to pin. Several wraps of yarn may be required on one pin to maintain the angles as desired. Alternate brown yarn with the eyelash yarn to create a more interesting look.
6. Tie the end of the glitter eyelash yarn to one corner of the sheet. Wrap around the next pin and then the next to outline the entire foam sheet. Repeat this to outline the star.
7. Glue the 9&square of champagne/gold satin to the back of the foam sheet, showing through the star opening.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>