SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Peanuts cotton fabric collection:
- 1/2 yd. Packed Santa Snoopy
- 1/2 yd. Peanuts Snow Days
- 1 yd. coordinating fabric
- 2-1/2 yds. poly webbing, 1" width
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Note: 1/4" seam allowance unless otherwise indicated.
- Cut two 19"x15" from each Peanuts fabric – main.
- Cut four 19"x15" from the coordinating fabric – lining.
- Cut four 22" straps from the webbing.
- Place the main fabric right sides together and stitch down both sides and across the bottom.
- Open seam allowance at the bottom corner and fold so that the side seam is aligned with the bottom seam. Draw a line perpendicular to the seam 2" from the point on each side. Trim off the corner 1/2" from the seam and stitch in place. Press seams open and turn right side out – tote (see boxed corner image). Repeat for the lining.
- Measure 3" from each side of the tote for the strap placement. Line up the raw edges of the strap with the raw edges of the top of the tote and pin in place.
- Baste stitch the straps to the tote exterior front and back.
- Place the coordinating fabric right sides together and stitch down both sides and across the bottom leaving a 4" opening for turning.
- Place the tote inside of the lining; right sides together, lining up the top raw edge of the tote and making sure the straps are lined up with the bottom of the tote. Stitch around the top of the tote.
- Pull the tote through the opening of the lining, stitch the opening closed, and tuck the lining inside the tote matching corners at the bottom.
- Press the seam at the top of the tote seam so that it lays flat and topstitch 1/2" in around the top of the tote.