Show Your Pride Apparel
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- ¼ yd star print fabric for headband
- McCall’s pattern #7344
- Indigo tie dye knit fabric – see pattern for amount
- ¼ yd quilt cotton in solid red
- Pony Tail Holder
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Thread to match fabric
- White thread for topstitching
- Iron and pressing surface
DIRECTIONS FOR DRESS:
- Follow pattern directions to make the dress.
- For the star pockets use the star pattern provided and cut out 4 stars from the red cotton fabric.
- Pin the right sides of two stars together and sew around with a ¼” seam allowance, leaving a small opening for turning. Repeat with other two stars.
- Turn, press and sew opening closed.
- Top stitch around stars.
- Pin to dress approximately 3 to 4 inches below waist line.
- Stitch over topstitching leaving top point of star open.
DIRECTIONS FOR HEADBAND:
- From the star fabric cut one strip 5” x measurement around head.
- Fold in half lengthwise and sew ½” seam.
- Turn and press.
- Wrap one end around pony tail holder overlapping 1”, sew.
- Wrap remaining end and sew to opposite side.