Shower Curtain with Pockets
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Disney® Pixar’s Inside Out Fabric Collection:
- 4 yds. Emotions Polka Dot
- 22-1/2" of a coordinating cotton fabric
- 1/2 yd. clear vinyl 16 gauge
- 2 pks. snap curtain grommets
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut two 72"x41-1/2" strips from the Emotions Polka Dot fabric - shower curtain
- Cut two 11"x41-1/2" strips from the coordinating fabric - topper
- Cut two 6"x54" strips from the vinyl - pocket
- Place the two shower curtain fabric pieces right sides together and stitch the length (72") of the fabric. Press seam.
- Place the two topper fabric pieces right sides together and stitch along the width (11") of the fabric. Press seam.
- Fold both sides of the topper in 1/2" along the width and press. Fold the topper in half along the width (10") and press seam – 5" x 82-1/2".
- Place the shower curtain and the topper fabric right sides together and stitch in place along the length (82-1/2") of the fabric. Press seam.
- Fold the raw edges of the shower curtain under 1/2", press, fold under again and press. Stitch around perimeter.
- Cut the length of the pocket strip to measure 5"x80-1/2".
- Place the pocket in the center of the shower curtain, lightly pin in place and stitch down both sides and across the bottom.
- Measure and mark vertical lines 8" apart across the length of the pocket and stitch on each of the vertical lines to create separate pockets.
- Attach the grommets to the topper following instructions on package.
*Seam allowance 1/4"