Showpiece Table Runner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pack of wood shims (12" long)
- Large piece of fabric
- Lint-free rag
- Tape measurer
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Rust-Oleum® Ultimate Wood Stain
- Rust-Oleum® Polyurethane
- Synthetic bristle brush
1. Set-up a workspace in a well-ventilated area.
2. Split a pack of wood shims up into 4 groups.
3. Using a clean, lint free rag flood the entire surface with wood stain. More is better than less.
4. Let the wood stain sit for 2-3 minutes, then wipe off any excess, using a clean rag, wiping in the direction of the grain. Ensure all excess stain is removed from the surface.
5. Allow the wood shims to dry for 1-2 hours.
6. With scissors, cut the fabric strip 10" wide by desired length of runner.
7. Shims are thicker on one end. Make sure to change the direction they are going so they are not all facing the same way.
8. After shims are dry, apply polyurethane with a high quality synthetic bristle paint brush.
9. Allow to dry for 2-4 hours.
10. Glue down the wood shims to the fabric and allow to dry for 1 hour before use.