1. Set-up a workspace in a well-ventilated area.
2. Split a pack of wood shims up into 4 groups.
3. Using a clean, lint free rag flood the entire surface with wood stain. More is better than less.
4. Let the wood stain sit for 2-3 minutes, then wipe off any excess, using a clean rag, wiping in the direction of the grain. Ensure all excess stain is removed from the surface.
5. Allow the wood shims to dry for 1-2 hours.
6. With scissors, cut the fabric strip 10" wide by desired length of runner.
7. Shims are thicker on one end. Make sure to change the direction they are going so they are not all facing the same way.
8. After shims are dry, apply polyurethane with a high quality synthetic bristle paint brush.
9. Allow to dry for 2-4 hours.
10. Glue down the wood shims to the fabric and allow to dry for 1 hour before use.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>