SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 LDB Multi Quatrefoil Fat Quarters 18" x 21"?(Apron Front, Apron Lining & Ties)
- 2 LDB White Floral Fat Quarters 18" x 21" (Pocket, Pocket Lining & Waistband)
- 1 pkg. coordinating medium rick rack
- Coordinating thread
- Standard white copy paper
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine & iron
Finished Project Size: 14" x 20"
- Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not pre-wash fabrics. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting. Sew fabrics with right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted. Backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam to secure stitching.
- Multi Quatrefoil Fat Quarters: 2 - 13" x 20-1/2" (Apron Front & Lining) 2 - 4" x 20-1/2" (Ties)
- White Floral Fat Quarters: 2 - 13" x 20-1/2" (Pocket & Lining) 1 - 4" x 16-1/2" (Waistband)
- On the top edge of the Multi Quatrefoil & White Floral rectangles (13" x 20-1/2") measure 2" in from each edge, mark and cut a diagonal to each bottom corner, so the top edge measures 16-1/2" (Dia. A).
- To print the pocket template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Place the template at each top corner of the White Floral Pocket rectangles (13" x 20-1/2") and cut out along the curved line (Dia. B).
- Pin the rick rack even with the curved edges of the Pocket on the right side and sew down the center. Pin the Pocket Lining and Pocket (RST) and sew rick rack seam. Clip curves and turn right side out. Press the curved edges of the Pocket flat (Dia. C).
- Place a Multi Quatrefoil Apron piece on a flat surface with the right side up and the 16-1/2" edge at the top. Place the Apron Pocket on the Apron with edges even; pin and baste the cut edges.
- Pin the rick rack around the sides and bottom with edges even and sew down the center. Pin the Multi Quatrefoil Lining (RST); pin and sew around the sides and bottom. Remove basting, clip the corners and turn right side out through the top. Press the outside edge flat. Baste the top edges together (Dia. D).
- Press the sides and one short end of a Multi Quatrefoil Tie rectangle ?(4" x 20-1/2") 1/4" to the wrong side twice to make a rolled hem and sew close to the fold. Fold the hemmed end to the side and stitch along the end to make an angle at the end of the Tie. Sew a basting stitch 1/2" from the unfinished end and gather to 1-1/2" (Dia. E). Repeat for the second Tie. Note: Fold so it mirrors the first tie.
- Fold and press the White Floral Waistband rectangle (4" x 20-1/2") with wrong sides together so long edges meet. Press one long edge 1/2" to the wrong side. Sew the unfolded edge to the top edge of the Apron Front (RST) using a 1/2" seam. Press toward the apron top (Dia. F).
- Pin the gathered ends of an Apron Tie to each end of the Waistband as shown in Diagram G.
- Fold and press the Waistband RST. Sew using a 1/2" seam the cut edges enclosing the ends of the Ties. Turn right side out, pulling the Ties free. Baste the bottom edge of the waistband in place. Topstitch and remove basting (Dia. H).
- Finished Care Instructions: Wash in cold water, gentle cycle, hang to dry.