Side to Side Sleeveless Cardi
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Country
- Nantucket, 1 (1, 2) ball (A)
- Quarry, 2 (2, 3) balls (B)
- or colors of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles, size 15 (10 mm)
- Lion Brand® split ring stitch markers
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Buttons, about 1-1/8" (28 mm) diameter (4)
- Tape measure
- S (M, L)
- Finished Bust 38 (42, 46)" (96.5 (106.5, 117) cm), buttoned
- Finished Length 22 (22-1/2, 23-1/2)" (56 (57, 60) cm) from shoulder
- 9 sts + 14 rows = 4" (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Cardi is worked in one piece, beginning at collar/front edge. All stitches are worked until fronts are the required width, then sts are bound off at each side edge and the center sts are worked for back. Bound-off stitches are sewn to side edges of back for sides of Cardi.
- Cardi back has armhole shaping, but the Fronts do not.
- When "– 12 sts". appears in the instructions, this indicates the number of sts at the end of that specific row.
- SPECIAL EXPLANATIONS:
- kfb (knit in front and back) Knit next st without removing it from left needle, then k through back of same st – 1 st increased.
- PATTERN STITCHES:
- K1, p1 Rib (worked over an odd number of sts)
- Row 1: P1, *k1, p1; rep from * to end of row.
- Row 2: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
- Rep Row 2 for K1, p1 Rib.
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- With A, cast on 131 (137, 143) sts.
- Row 1 (RS): Sl first st, k6 for Garter st (k every row) border, work Row 1 of K1, p1 rib to last 7 sts, k7 for Garter st border.
- Row 2: Sl first st, k6, work in K1, p1 rib to last 7 sts, k7.
- Rows 3 and 4: Rep Row 2.
- Buttonhole Row (RS): Sl first st, k6, work in K1, p1 rib to last 36 sts, (yo, p2tog, work as established for 8 sts) 3 times, yo, k2tog, knit to end of row.
- Rep Row 2 until piece measures 4-1/2" (11.5 cm) from beg, end with a WS row as the last row worked.
- Next Row (RS): Sl first st, k6 for Garter st border, work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) to last 7 sts, k7 for Garter st border.
- Slipping first st of every row and keeping first and last 7 sts in Garter st and rem sts in St st, work until piece measures 6" (15 cm) from beg, end with a WS row.
- Change to B and work as established until piece measures 9 (10, 11)" (23 (25.5, 28) cm) from beg, end with a WS row as the last row worked.
- Shape Back
- Bind off 49 (51, 53) sts at beg of next 2 rows – 33 (35, 37) sts at the end of this row.
- Work in St st on rem 33 (35, 37) sts until Back measures 5 (5-1/2, 6)" (12.5 (14, 15) cm) from last bind-off row, end with a WS row.
- Shape Armholes
- Inc Row (RS): K1, kfb, knit to last 2 sts, kfb, k1 – 35 (37, 39) sts.
- Rep Inc Row every RS row twice more – 39 (41, 43) sts after all increases have been made.
- Cast on 4 (5, 7) sts at beg of next 2 rows for underarm – 47 (51, 57) sts.
- Work even in St st (without increasing or decreasing) until piece measures 12" (30.5 cm) from last cast-on row, end with a WS row.
- Beg with Row 1, work in K1, p1 rib for 3" (7.5 cm).
- Bind off.
- Measure and place marker 7 (7-1/2, 8)" (18 (19, 20.5) cm) from each side edge of back along bound-off edge of fronts for armhole (W and Y on schematic).
- Armhole Edging
- From RS, join B at underarm (W or Y on schematic), pick up and k41 (45, 49) sts evenly spaced around armhole, end at opposite W or Y spot.
- Work in K1, p1 rib for 1" (2.5 cm).
- Bind off.
- Rep around opposite armhole.
- Following schematic, fold piece, lining up W with W, X with X, Y with Y and Z with Z. Seam side edges of back to bound-off edges of fronts. Sew edges of armhole edging closed.
- Weave in ends.
- beg = begin(ning)
- inc = increas(e)(s)(ing)
- k = knit
- k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
- p = purl
- rem = remain(ing)
- rep = repeat
- RS = right side
- sl = slip
- St st = Stockinette stitch
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- tog = together
- WS = wrong side
- Lion Brand® VANNA’S CHOICE®
- Pink, 1 ball or color of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles size 9 (5.5 mm) SAMPLE FOR UN-NUMBERED LIST
- Row 1 (WS of Cardigan): From WS of Cardigan, join B with a sl st in 6th st following left front marker, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, 3 dc in next st, *2 dc in next st, 3 dc in next st; rep from * to 10 sts before right front marker, hdc in next 2 sts, sc in next 3 sts, sl st in next 2 sts; leave last 3 sl sts before right front marker unworked.
- Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sl st in first sl st, sc in next 4 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, dc in each dc to 10 sts before left front marker, hdc in next 2 sts, sc in next 4 sts, sl st in next 2 sts; leave last 2 sts before left front marker unworked.
- Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sl st in first sl st, sc in next 4 sts, hdc in next 3 sts, dc in each dc to 10 sts before right front marker, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in next 4 sts, sl st in next 2 sts; leave 1 st before right front marker unworked.
- Row 4: Ch 1, turn, sl st in first sl st, sc in next 5 sts, hdc in next 3 sts, dc in each dc to 10 sts before left front marker, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in next 5 sts, sl st in last 2 sts (this will put you at the left front marker).
- Row 5: Ch 1, turn, sl st in first 2 sl sts, sc in next 5 sts, hdc in next 3 sts, dc.
SAMPLE FOR CIRCLE LIST (sublists)
Items in This Collection
Item # zprd_13431036a
Available for U.S. Shipping Only
Item # 7351554
Available for U.S. Shipping Only