Signs of Spring Paper Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola®:Washable Kids’ Paint – Neon, Metallic & GlitterMetallic MarkersWashable Watercolors
- White paper (6-9 pieces)
- Hole punch
1. Go outside to search for signs of the spring season. Look closely at little buds on the trees. Listen to birds in the bushes. Discover flowers sprouting from the ground. Take your ideas back inside to create artwork.
2. Use a hole punch to make two holes along each edge of every piece of paper
3. On each square use Crayola Washable Kids’ paint, Metallic Markers and Washable Watercolors to draw and paint things that remind you of spring.
4. Create a colorful border around each drawing. Allow to dry.
5. Arrange drawings into rows to they look like a quilt of colorful designs. Align pairs of holes. Have an adult help cut short pieces of ribbon to tie each pair together.
6. Carefully thread a piece of ribbon through a pair of holes to link two pieces of paper together. Ties the squares together loosely.