Silhouette Beverage Tub
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid Vase Silhouette Stencil pack
- FolkArt Outdoor Paint:
- 1 bottle Yellow Citron, Engine Red, Maple Syrup
- 2 bottles Pure Orange
- Party tub
- 3 stencil brushes
- Foam plate
- Paper towels
- Masking tape
- Foam brush
- Use foam brush to basecoat tub with 2 coats of Yellow Citron. Allow to dry.
- Tape off 1/2" stripe 1-1/2" from the bottom of tub and paint Pure Orange. Allow to dry; remove tape.
- To determine placement of stencil motifs, trace selected design(s) on paper. Use masking tape to attach paper designs to project surface. Leave paper cutouts in place until ready to stencil.
- Work with 1 paint color at a time. Apply a small puddle of paint to a foam plate and thin paint with water before stenciling. Paint should be the consistency of cream.
- Traditional stenciling uses a dry brush technique as follows: Lightly dip stencil brush into diluted paint. Swirl brush on a paper towel until brush is almost dry, then swirl brush into stencil cutout. Apply more pressure to the brush to deepen color. Reload brush & repeat swirling motion until color intensity is achieved.
- Attach stencil to tub using masking tape. Stencil selected designs, using a clean brush for each paint color. If overlapping or layering designs, let the 1st layer dry before stenciling on top of it.
- Colors used in beverage tub project: Flowers: first layer, Engine Red; second layer, Pure Orange; Bird, Pure Orange; Leaves, Maple Syrup.