Silhouette Patio Planter
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid Vase Silhouette Stencil pack
- Plaid FolkArt Outdoor Paint:
- 1 bottle Yellow Citron, Engine Red, Maple Syrup
- 2 bottles Pure Orange
- 12" copper tub
- 4 stencil brushes (one per color)
- Masking tape
- Foam brush
- Foam plate
- Paper towels
- Basecoat tub with 2 coats of Pure Orange. Allow to dry.
- To determine placement of stencil motifs, trace selected design(s) on paper. Use masking tape to attach paper designs to project surface. Leave paper cutouts in place until ready to stencil.
- Work with 1 paint color at a time. Apply a small puddle of paint to a foam plate & thin paint with water before stenciling. Paint should be the consistency of cream.
- Traditional stenciling uses a dry brush technique as follows: Lightly dip stencil brush into diluted paint. Swirl brush on a paper towel until brush is almost dry, then swirl brush into stencil cutout. Apply more pressure to the brush to deepen color. Reload brush & repeat swirling motion until color intensity is achieved.
- Attach stencil to tub using masking tape. Stencil selected designs, using a clean brush for each paint color. If overlapping or layering designs, let the first layer dry before stenciling on top of it.
- Colors used in planter: Center flower: first layer, Yellow Citron; Center flower: second layer, Engine Red; Small flower: first layer, Engine Red; Small flower: second layer, Yellow Citron; Bird, Engine Red; Leaves, Maple Syrup.
- Dab a little Maple Syrup around edges of bird to shade; add a dot for the eye.