Silly Fishies Paintings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Black paint pen
- Graphite paper
- Fish templates (provided)
- Paintbrushes: including liner, dry hard bristle
- Acrylic paints: white, black, purple, cobalt, bright yellow, fresh foliage, orange, pink, spring green.
- 3 artist canvases -- primed, stretched
- Measure and mark 1-1/2" border on canvases. Paint border, including sides, black. Use as many coats as needed to achieve a good solid cover.
- Refer to photo. Enlarge and use templates provided and graphite paper, transfer wave patterns onto the canvases.
- Paint wave backgrounds completely, alternating cobalt with white and purple with white. Add more white to the color the closer you get to the top of the canvas. It may take several coats.
- Take a dry hard bristle brush, dip lightly into white paint and add subtle sun rays to water as shown.
- Once the background is completely dry you can transfer the fish onto each canvas. Each fish's coloring is as follows:
- Fish #1 -- bright yellow & fresh foliage
- Fish #2 -- orange & pink
- Fish #3 -- pink & spring green
- Use as many coats as needed to cover completely. Blend colors in a gradual fade as shown. Paint pink spots on Fish #3. Allow to dry completely.
- Use white to paint the eyes.
- Use liner brush and watered down white paint to outline bubbles and highlights as shown.
- When everything is dry, use black paint pen or paint and liner brush to outline and detail each fish with eyes, fins, stripes, etc. Allow to dry.