1. Place one piece of fabric with print side down on the worktable. Place a piece of quilt batting on top of the fabric. Place a second layer or fabric on top of the batting, printed side up. Use a fabric safe glue stick to hold the layers together and eliminate the need for pinning.
2. Use a shape template to trace the desired shape onto the fabric using a pencil.
3. Cut the traced shape out using pinking shears. Cut just inside the pencil line.
4. Make a simple ribbon loop from about 7" of ribbon. Place the two cut ends inside the shape and pin in place.
5. Sew along the outer edges of the shape about 1/4" from the outside edges. Add lines of sewing through the center to create puffy quilted areas. (In the star example, the lines of the star were simply sewed in straight lines from corner to corner, just as one would draw a star.)
6. Use decorative thread or embroidery floss to sew a button or other embellishment to the center of the shape.
7. To add quick and easy personalization, stamp names on scrap cardstock. Cut the names out in strips.
8. Use clear adhesive dots applied to the front edge of the strips to adhere the strips to the backside of the buttons.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>