Simple Scrolls Cake with 5 Layers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Easy Layers!™ Cake Pan Set
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 6" Cake Circles
- Tips: 32, 3
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bag
- Standard Coupler
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub
- Favorite cake mix (1 mix needed)
- Food-safe scissors
1. Make layered cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cake layers and allow to cool according to pan package instructions.
2. Decorate cake. Place first layer on cake circle. Use tip 32, a cut disposable decorating bag with coupler and icing to pipe shells on first layer starting from outside edge of cake and working toward center. Stack next layer. Repeat piping shells and stacking. Stack the top layer.
3. Use tip 3 and icing to pipe scrolls on top and sides of cake.