SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand Homespun yarn, 2 skeins
- Crochet hook, size N-13 & H-8
- Large eye blunt needle
SIZE: Medium (Large), Finished Width 54 (57)", Length including cuffs 12 (14)"
GAUGE: 11 sts + 8 rows = 4" in sc, ch 1 pattern on larger hook.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
NOTES: Shrug is crocheted in one piece beginning at lower edge. Cuffs are crocheted separately and sewn on after shrug is completed. Pattern is written for smallest size with changes for larger sizes in parentheses. When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes.
- With larger hook, ch 136 (144).
- Row 1 Sc in 2nd ch from hook, [ch 1, sk 1 ch, sc in next ch] 5 times, [ch 1, sk 1 ch, hdc in next ch] 5 times, [ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in next ch] 46 (50) times, [ch 1, sk 1 ch, hdc in next ch] 5 times, [ch 1, sk 1 ch, sc in next ch] 6 times; turn -- 67 (71) ch1-spaces.
- Rows 2-14 (2-16) Ch 1, sc in first sc, [ch 1, sk ch1-space, sc in next sc] 5 times, [ch 1, sk ch1-space, hdc in next hdc] 5 times, [ch 1, sk ch1-space, dc in next dc] 46 (50) times, [ch 1, sk ch1-space, hdc in next hdc] 5 times, [ch 1, sk ch1-space, sc in next sc] 5 times; turn.
- Fasten off.
CUFFS -- Make 2
- With smaller hook, ch 9.
- Row 1 Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across -- 8 sc.
- Row 2 Ch 1, working through back lps only, sc in each sc across.
- Repeat Row 2 until Cuff measures 7-1/2 (8)". Fasten off.
- With right side facing, sew long edge of Cuff to Sleeve end. Fold Shrug in half lengthwise. Sew Sleeve seams, leaving the center 21 (23)" open for body, adjusting to fit so that Shrug sits and fits snugly around shoulders and back.
- Weave in ends.