Simply Bars Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/3 yard each of six coordinating fabrics for bars
- 1/8 yard each of two coordinating fabrics
- 1/2 yard fabric for binding
- 3 yards fabric for backing
- One 50"x65" rectangle of batting
- Basic sewing/quilting supplies
- Sewing machine
Quilt Size: 43"x58"
Note: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout
WOF = width of fabric
1. Cut one 9"x43" strip from each of the six coordinating fabrics. Cut 1-1/2"x 43" strips from the two remaining fabrics. (Five narrow strips are needed.)
2. Alternating wide pieces with narrow pieces, determine the placement of the strips. Stitch together with right sides together and long edges even. Press seam allowances toward the thinner strips.
3. Piece backing as needed to make a 50"x65" rectangle.
4. Layer backing, batting and pieced top. Quilt as desired.
5. Trim and square up quilted piece.
6. From binding fabric, cut six 2-1/2"xWOF strips. Stitch short ends together. With wrong sides together and long edges even, press. Stitch binding to the quilted piece with raw edges even. Turn to the back and whipstitch in place.