SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity® Supplies:Deluxe Rotary Cutting & Embossing MachineStraight Blade (comes with machine)Scallop BladeLarge Wave BladeRandom Flowers Embossing RollZigzag Embossing Roll (comes with machine)
- Assorted stripe papers
- Assorted patterned papers
- Assorted stickers
- 1/4" ribbon in assorted colors
- White cardstock
- Glue runner
- Large glue dots
Ruffle Rows Card
1. Cut white cardstock into a 5-3/4"x9-1/2" rectangle. Fold in half horizontally.
2. Using the Rotary Cutter with the Large Wave Blade, cut eleven 1-1/2"x5-1/2" strips from a variety of patterned papers. The upper edge of strips should be cut straight and lower edge cut curvy.
3. On each strip, gently bend scallop edges up to give dimension.
4. Using glue runner, put lines of glue along each side and across top of strips, but don’t glue across scallops. Adhere strips to front of card starting at bottom. Keep adding strips so about 3/8" of lower strip shows beneath upper strip. Eyeball and plan the spacing so all eleven strips are evenly spaced.
5. Cut a 22" length of ribbon and run glue runner firmly along back of ribbon. Gently adhere ribbon from top to bottom of card vertically, about 1-1/2" from left edge of card. The ribbon will go over the fold and across back of card and fold over to inside of card.
6. Embellish with stickers.
1. Cut white cardstock into a 5"x8-1/2" rectangle. Fold in half horizontally.
2. Using Rotary Embosser with Scallops Embossing Roll, emboss a 6"x10" piece of patterned paper. Run through machine at intervals of 1/2".
3. Using Rotary Cutter with Large Wave Blade, cut sides of embossed paper to 4-3/4"x8". (Top and bottom edges are straight.)
4. Adhere scallop strip from sticker set to lower edge of paper.
5. Adhere embossed paper to card, carefully folding the paper over the fold, so it also covers the back of card.
6. Embellish with brackets, words, and images from cardstock sticker sheet. Add ribbon above scallop sticker, if desired.
Big Flower Card
1. Cut white cardstock into a 5-1/2"x10-1/4" rectangle. Fold in half horizontally.
2. Using Rotary Embosser with Zigzag Embossing Roll, emboss a 7"x11" piece of patterned paper. Run through machine at intervals of 1/2".
3. Using Rotary Cutter with Large Wave Blade, cut sides and bottom of embossed paper to 4-3/4"x5-1/4". (Top edge is straight.)
4. Cut a 5"x1-1/2" strip of contrasting patterned paper using the Rotary Cutter with Scallop Blade. (Side edges are straight.) Adhere to embossed paper 1" up from lower edge.
5. Cut a length of 1/4" ribbon and adhere across center of 1-1/2" strip, tucking ends inside card.
6. Adhere embossed paper to front of card.
7. Embellish with large flower sticker and other stickers from cardstock sticker sheet.
8. Add a large button using large glue dots.