Simply Spray T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Adult T-shirt, preferably 100% cotton
- Deval Simply Spray, 1 can each: Poppy Red, Brite Orange
- Newspaper or craft paper
- Paper towels
- Wash and dry T-shirt to remove sizing and minimize fading.
- Lay T-shirt flat on newspaper. Pinch shirt with thumb and forefinger to make large twists all over the shirt.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, spray entire shirt with Poppy Red. To minimize spatter, start spraying onto a paper towel in your hand, then move onto the project. End spraying onto the paper towel as well. Hold can 6"-8" away from project. To enhance color, hold closer; to lighten coverage, hold further away.
- Lay shirt flat again. Pinch and twist again.
- Spray entire shirt with Brite Orange. Allow colors to touch and blend. Continue pattern.
- You can repeat pattern of twisting and spraying until you reach desired look. The more you twist and spray the more unique your shirt becomes. Alternating colors in the center and twisting in opposite directions creates a spiral effect. Blending colors creates a brighter look.
- Lay flat to dry. Wait 72 hours before washing. Turn inside out when washing and do not use fabric softener.