Sitting Pretty Painted Chair
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fast Grab Tacky Glue®
- Fast Grab Tacky Spray®
- Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint: Ebony, Crimson Red, Royal Blue, Sunshine Yellow
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™: Clear
- Spray paint: choice of color
- Staple gun & staples
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Masking tape: variety of widths
- White cotton canvas to cover seat & back
- Craft knife
1. Lay canvas flat on work surface. Randomly place a variety of tape strips on canvas, intersecting strips to create abstract lines & shapes.
2. Fill in open areas between tape strips with Soft® Fabric Paint colors, using Ebony for the majority of sections with Crimson Red, Royal Blue & Sunshine Yellow as occasional accents. Remove tape; allow fabric to dry.
3. Remove old upholstery from the chair. Reserve it to use as a pattern for cutting the painted fabric.
4. Choose spray paint color to paint the chair. Allow to dry.
5. Cut out painted canvas to fit chair backing & base. Fast Grab Tacky Spray® onto chair base & position painted fabric over base. This will help hold the new fabric in place while gluing & stapling the edges.
6. Repeat above step for chair back.
7. Use Fast Grab Tacky Glue® around edges of fabric to secure it to chair base & back.
8. Use a staple gun to staple around fabric edges on base & back for additional security.
9. Trim excess fabric around edges with a craft knife.
10. Cover edges of fabric & staples with black trim secured with Fast Grab Tacky Glue®. Allow glue to dry completely.
11. Cut out a heart shape from a scrap of painted canvas. Cover heart with clear crystals & use Cordless Heat-Setting Tool to set crystals in place, following instructions on package.
12. Use Fast Grab Tacky Glue® to secure crystal heart to chair back. Allow to dry.