SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- BusyKids™ Kids’ Camp!® Tie-Dye Party Pack, Tropical Punch
- White T-shirt, 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
3. Lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface. Scrunch fabric on the bottom half of shirt towards the center and wrap three rubber bands around fabric, evenly spacing rubber bands.
4. Wearing plastic gloves from dye box, fill dye bottles with water and shake until powder dissolves.
5. Pull fabric on one side of shirt and wrap a rubber band about 2" in from side. Wrap another rubber band about 2" below the first. Repeat on other side of shirt.
6. Squeeze yellow dye onto tips of rubber banded sections, red dye in sections below yellow tips and orange dye onto remainder of shirt.
7. Cover with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
8. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear, leaving rubber bands intact. With rubber bands still wrapped around shirt, wash in hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Remove rubber bands and dry separately.