SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Funkins pumpkin: large
- Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter
- Cricut cartridges: Paper Doll Dress Up, Stretch your Imagination
- Cricut Color Inks Basic Collection, black marker
- Die Cutter & Embosser
- A2 embossing folder: Tiny Bubbles
- Cardstock: black, brown, dark brown, white, beige, gray, yellow, rust, orange, bright green
- Battery-operated tea light
- Two 18"x18" foamcore boards, black
- Four 1-1/2" round wooden knobs
- 5 thin wire stems
- Thin rope
- Paint: red, white, black
- Small paintbrush
- Sharp blade
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Ink pad, brown
- Refer to photo. Adhere foamcore boards together to form base. Paint wooden knobs black. Allow to dry. Adhere a knob to each corner of base to form feet.
- Carve Funkins pumpkin face: 2 eyes as windows & mouth as a door.
- PATH: Draw path on black cardstock & cut out. Cut several 4"x5" beige rectangles. Ink top inside portion of Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. Using Cuttlebug machine & Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, emboss beige rectangles. Adhere rectangles to create path, trimming as needed. Ink path. Adhere path to centerpiece base. Place Funkins pumpkin in back left corner of base. Hot glue Funkins pumpkin to line up with the path.
- SPIDERWEB. Using Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge & black cardstock, select Accessories 2 feature, press Shift & cut two 6" <cstume-s>. Secure webs inside Funkins pumpkin windows with thumbtacks.
- FENCES. Using dark brown cardstock, select Accessories 3 feature & cut fourteen 8-1/2" <cstume>. Create pairs & adhere on top of each other for 2 total lengths of fence. Hot glue fence around base. Cut & fold to form gate.
- TREE. Using Stretch your Imagination cartridge & brown cardstock, select Fit to Page mode & cut 3 <Tree>. Fold trees in half lengthwise. Adhere trunks together to form 1 tree with 6 branches. Bend tree trunks to form feet. Hot glue tree to back right corner of base. Cut leaves. Using rust cardstock, select Layers feature & cut 1 <Tree>. Repeat cut using orange & yellow cardstock. Cut 3 different sets again using Flip function. Pair leaves & adhere to front & back of black leaves.
- Cut large leaves. Cut assortment of 2" and 3" <Leaf> using rust, orange & yellow cardstock. Press Shift & cut assortment of 2-1/2" <Leaf-s> using rust, orange, and yellow cardstock. Ink edges & reserve for later.
- TOMBSTONES. Using Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, basic black marker & gray cardstock, select Accessories 2 feature and draw one 6" <frnksn>. Replace marker with blade, press Load Last, press Repeat Last & cut. Repeat process to draw & cut one 6-1/2", one 7" & one 8" <frnksn>. Cut 2 additional tombstones of each size without drawing tombstones first. Adhere drawn tombstones to 1 cut tombstone. Ink edges. Save remaining cuts for later use.
- SKELETONS: Using white cardstock select Accessories 3 feature & cut six 3-1/2" <frnbrd>. Using bright green cardstock select Accessories 3 feature & cut two 3-1/2", two 4" & two 5" <frnbrd>. Pair skeletons; adhere together. Paint eyes black. Ink edges. Reserve 2 larger green skeletons for later use.
- GHOSTS: Using white cardstock select Accessories 1 feature, press Shift & cut two 5" & two 5-1/2" <cstume-s>. Pair ghosts; adhere together. Paint eyes black. Ink edges. Attach larger ghost in Funkins pumpkin doorway with thumbtack.
- Adhere 1 white skeleton behind drawn tombstone & 2 white skeletons behind drawn tombstone. Adhere 3-1/2" bright green skeleton behind drawn tombstone. Adhere remaining ghost behind final drawn tombstone. Adhere single tombstone cutouts behind skeletons & ghost. Bend each tombstone back 1/2" from bottom & hot glue tombstones to base.
- RAVENS: Using black cardstock, select Accessories 2 feature, press Shift & cut two 5-1/2" <vmpris-s>. Repeat cut (for a total of four times) using yellow cardstock. Trim yellow beak & feet & adhere to front & back of black ravens. Paint eyes white with black pupils. Adhere feet of raven between layers of tombstone with ghost & other raven to top of tree.
- Make 2 loops of rope around remaining green skeletons' necks. Hang 1 skeleton from beak of raven in tree, secure with adhesive. Hang final skeleton from inside Funkins pumpkin using thumbtack.
- CATS: Using black cardstock select Accessories 1 feature & cut two 5-1/2" <cstume>. Adhere together. Paint eyes white with black pupils. Bend paws out 1/4" & hot glue to base.
- BATS: Using black cardstock select Accessories 2 feature, press Shift & cut ten 3-3/4" <frnbrd-s>. Paint eyes red for 5 bats. Curl wire stems to different lengths. Adhere bats to wires. Adhere remaining bats to back. Poke wires into top of Funkins pumpkin & arrange.
- SPIDERS: Using black cardstock select Accessories 2 feature & cut two 4" <cstume>. Paint eyes red. Adhere spiders to Funkins pumpkin.
- Bend large leaves, arrange & adhere to base. Place tea light inside Funkins pumpkin to illuminate.