SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® foam:
- Sheet: 1" x 12" x 18"
- Discs: 4" x 1" and 6" x 1"
- Ball: 3"
- Duck® brand duct tape: white and black
- Acrylic paint: black and white
- Silk roses: black glitter
- Halloween garland: black glitter
- Low-temp glue gun
- FloraCraft® Design It:® foam cutter or serrated knife
- Wire cutters
- Black marker
1. Cut the individual bones using the foam cutter or serrated knife. The middle finger is about 6" x 1", the pointer finger and the ring finger are about 5" x 1", and the pinky finger and the thumb are about 4" x 1" . The two forearm bones are cut with a slight bow or curve like this () and are about 9" x 1-1/4". Cut the 3" ball in half and use half a ball for the palm of each hand.
2. Use a scrap piece of foam as a sanding block to round the tip of each finger; leave the opposite end of the fingers flat. Measure 1" down from the end of each finger and the thumb and draw a line. Measure 1-1/2" down from this line and draw another line on each finger, not on the thumb. Cut the fingers and the thumb apart at each line but keep the parts together so the fingers don’t get mixed up. Glue the finger parts back together so that they bend up as shown. Glue the forearm parts together side by side like this (). Glue the rounded side of the half ball to the top of the forearm. Glue the fingers in place around the palm.
3. Cover the hand and forearm with white tape. Pinch and twist wrinkles in the tape as it's wrapped. Repeat this process with black tape to cover the disc.
4. Place a small amount of white acrylic paint on the plate. Add a little paint to the brush and then wipe off excess paint so that the brush looks almost dry. Lightly brush across the folds and wrinkles of the black tape allowing some of the black tape to show through. Repeat using black paint over the white duct tape. Add more or less paint for your desired look. Let dry.
5. Glue the forearm to the disc. Glue a rose blossom to the palm of each hand and cut small sprigs of Halloween garland to glue around the roses.