SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Funkins pumpkin
- Cutting board
- Craft knife
- Duck Tape duct tape: red, black, white, blue, electric blue, yellow, purple
- Pencil with eraser
- Quarter, nickel
- Needle & thread
FACE & HAIR:
- Cheeks: cut 2 quarter-size circles from red Duck Tape.
- Mouth: cut long thin crescent shape, about the length of a pen, from black Duck Tape.
- Nose: cut small triangle with rounded edges from blue Duck Tape.
- Eyes: cut 2 larger white triangles with rounded edges.
- Iris: cut 2 nickel-size circles from electric blue Duck Tape.
- Pupil: cut 2 black Duck Tape circles using pencil eraser as a stencil.
- Stitches: cut 27 thin, 1/4" black rectangles.
- Hair: lay 2 strips of Duck Tape on top of each other, sticky sides together, making sure they are not perfectly matched up. Leave 1/4" of adhesive exposed on either side of tape. Cut off 1 sticky side; cut slits in the tape, but not all the way up to other sticky side. Layer hair around stem at different angles.
- Take 3" strips of purple Duck Tape & fold them in half lengthwise. Make 19.
- Tear off 17" strip of Duck Tape & fold it in half lengthwise. Make 3.
- Lay out 3 longer strips of tape & weave 3" strips over, under & over again.
- Once all strips are woven together, tape ends together inside in a cylinder shape.
- Make 12 more 5-1/2" strips & weave them into a square.
- Once woven square is complete, cut off corners to create circle for the top of the hat. Tape top of hat onto cylinder on inside.
- Brim: tear off 27 more 2" strips of purple Duck Tape. Fold them lengthwise & tape inside bottom of hat.
- Hat band: lay out 24" strip of red tape & fold in half lengthwise. Cut ends off to look like ribbon. Wrap around bottom of hat & sew button where the ribbon crosses over itself.
- Patches: Cut out several squares, circles or triangles from different colors of Duck Tape; adhere to hat & back of Funkins pumpkin.