1. Completely coat the ball with modeling paste. Modeling paste can be applied to foam a couple of different ways; with a spatula or with a flat paintbrush. Be sure to mix the material before using. When using a spatula, apply a small amount of the modeling paste to the foam and spread it out evenly in all directions, working it into the cells of the foam. If using a paintbrush, load material onto the brush, spread it onto the foam and smooth out the lumps.
2. For a super smooth finish, wet sand or dry sand the modeling paste once applied. To wet sand, allow the material to dry partially. Dampen a sponge and very lightly smooth out any ridges. If the material is being removed while wiping with the sponge, allow it to dry a little more before wet sanding. To dry sand, let the material dry completely and then sand smooth with fine sandpaper. If the base coat is very rough, wet sand the deeper ridges, allow it to dry completely and then dry sand to the desired finish.
3. Insert the skewer into the ball to use as a handle while painting the ball. Once the modeling paste is completely dry, paint the ball with acrylic paint and let dry. Apply an even coat of gloss glaze to the painted ball to finish and let dry.
4. Embellish the ball with the adhesive scrapbook embellishments.
5. Cut a length of ribbon and pin it to the top of the ball for the hanger. Secure the pin into the ball with glue.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >