Snow Face Magnets
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sculpey III Clay in White, French Blue, Ballerina
- 3 self-adhering magnets or 3 pin backs
- Pink chalk for blush
- Soft brush
- Super Glue Gel
- Plain blank paper
- Protect work surface with plain, blank paper before beginning project. Start with three 7/8" white clay balls. Flatten each ball like a pancake, keeping tops slightly rounded, to about 1-1/2" in diameter. Press and indent with fingers to create a bumpy texture.
- Mix a 7/8" white ball with a 1/2" french blue ball until blended for light blue color.
- Roll two 3/8" white balls into egg shapes and press together for the eyes. Create eyes for all three faces and press them on. Press tiny (1/8") french blue balls on the eyes for pupils. Roll tiny balls of the light blue color into coils about 1/2" long and press to the tops of the eyes for eyelids. Indent center of the eyelids with the toothpick. With the toothpick, draw a different smile on each face.
- Snowman with scarf: Roll a 5/8" light blue ball into a log that is tapered on each end. Press scarf on the bottom of the snowball. Shape two pea-sized light blue balls into triangles. Press triangles on to the end of the scarf and indent with the toothpick to create fringed tails. Roll a 1/8" ballerina ball into a teardrop shape and press to the mouth for the tongue, indent with the toothpick.
- Snowman with ear muffs: Roll a pea-sized ballerina ball into a coil about 2" in length. Wrap across top of head. Flatten two pea-sized balls of light blue for the earmuffs and press at the sides of the head.
- Snowman with hat: Roll a 5/8" light blue ball into a coil about 1-1/2" long and flatten. Press to the head. Roll a ballerina ball, about 1/2" into a coil. Flatten and stack this coil on top of the light blue coil. Making each coil slightly smaller, alternate two more light blue coils and one more ballerina coil to create the hat. Press a 3/8" white ball on top of the hat for the pompom. Texture the pompom with the toothpick.
- Lightly brush cheeks with chalk for blush.
- Bake according to manufacturer's directions. Once cooled you may attach self-adhesive magnets or glue on pin backs with Super Glue Gel.