SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Artist canvas
- Paint: white, gray-blue, gray, black, bright green, dark green, light orange, orange, red
- Paintbrushes: variety including large & detail
- Plaid® Spouncer stenciling sponge
- Circle templates
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
1. Draw the snowman shape: hat, brim, head, and body.
2. Basecoat the snowman & white highlight on hat.
3. Paint the background sky gray-blue. Allow paint to dry between coats. Apply several coats for good coverage.
4. Lightly draw cheeks, nose, eyes, mouth & chest button. Paint cheeks. Paint other features.
5. Sideload a large clean brush. Add gray-blue shadow under hat brim and under chin.
6. Outline edge of hat brim with gray. Paint hatband bright green.
7. Draw two large holly leaves. Paint them dark green. Sideload brush with black; create shadow on the leaves.
8. Paint the remainder of the hat black. Paint 3 holly berries red. Use handle end of a brush to dot the white
buttonholes. Load detail brush with white paint. Paint comma strokes on buttons & berries.
9. Load Spouncer stenciling sponge with white paint. Make snow balls in the sky and on the snowman.