Deck the halls for the holidays & for the winter months to come with this delightful snowman cozy.
10"[25 cm] circumference x 5"[13 cm] long, unstretched
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 skein Red Heart® Super Saver®: Soft White
- Double pointed knitting needles: Size 7 [4.5 mm] or size for gauge
- Two 1/2" [1.3 cm] buttons
- Felt scrap: Orange & black
- Embroidery needle
- Matching thread
- Glass vase: 16" [41 cm] circumference x 6" [15 cm] Optional
20 sts = 4" [10 cm], 32 rows = 4" [10 cm] in Rib Stitch
Cast on 52 sts; leave long end for sewing. Join, being careful that sts are not twisted. Begin working in the round. Place marker for beginning of round.
Rnd 1 (Right side): (K2, P2) around.
Rep Rnd 1 for pattern until piece measures 5" [13 cm] from cast-on edge.
Bind off all sts in pattern.
Cut 1 triangle nose piece from orange felt. Cut five 1/4" [6 mm] squares of black felt. Thread embroidery needle with matching thread. Refer to photo.Sew buttons to Cozy for eyes, triangle for nose & squares for mouth.
K = knit; mm = millimeter; P = purl; rep = repeat; Rnd = round;
st(s) = stitch(es).