So Delicious Mini Apple Pies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies
- Leaves Double Cut-Outs Set
- 2-Pc. Modeling Tool Set
- Small Cookie Sheet
- Cooling Grid
- 3-Pc Mini Pie Crust/Cookie Cutter Set
- 6-Cavity Mini Pie Pan
- Brush Set
- Pearl Dust Edible Accents: Ruby Red & Leaf Green
- Piping Gel
- Refrigerated pie crust
- Apple pie filling
- Chocolate nougat candy
1. Make apple leaves. Preheat oven to 375° F. Unroll pie crust following package instructions. Use straight side of second smallest,9/16"x1¼", leaf cut-out from cutter set & pie crust to cut 6 leaves. Use thin end of veining tool from modeling tool set to mark veins on leaves. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown & cool according to pie crust directions.
2. Make mini apple pies. Use round cutter from set & pie crust to cut 12 circles. Place 1 circle in each cavity of pan. Use spoon to fill with pie filling. Use remaining circles to top each pie, tucking top crust under bottom crust. Use fingers to press to seal & create an indent at top of mini apple pies to resemble an actual apple. Bake & cool according to pan package directions.
3. Decorate mini apple pies. Use brush & ruby red Pearl Dust edible accents to brush top of mini apple pies. Use brush & leaf green Pearl Dust edible accents to brush apple leaves. Knead chocolate nougat candy to soften & shape stem. Insert in mini apple pies. Use piping gel to attach leaves to tops of pies.
Use the cutters in the 3-Pc. Mini Pie Crust/Cookie Cutter Set to cut iconic shapes from refrigerated pie crust. Bake & cool according to pie crust directions. Use piping gel to attach the shapes to full-size apple or pumpkin pie.