Soles & More Socks
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 skein Sensations Soles & More sock yarn
- Set of 5 size 2 double-pointed needles
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- Holding 2 dp needles together, cast on 64 stitches. Divide stitches onto 4 needles (16 stitches per needle). Join for working in the round, being careful not to twist stitches. Mark start of round and K2, P2 in ribbing for 2-1/2".
- Knit every round until work measures 11" or desired length.
SHORT ROW HEEL:
- The heel is worked on 32 stitches across 2 needles. Row 1: Knit 30, put yarn in front (yf), slip next stitch purlwise, put yarn in back (yb), slip stitch back to left needle. Turn work
- Row 2: Purl 28, yb, slip next stitch purlwise, yb, slip stitch back to left needle, turn
- Row 3: Knit to st before last wrapped st, yf, slip next stitch, yb, slip wrapped st back to left needle. Turn
- Row 4: Purl to stitch before last wrapped stitch, yb, slip next st, yf, slip wrapped stitch back to left needle. Turn. Repeat rows 3 and 4 until 14 stitches are unwrapped, ending on a wrong side row.
REVERSE SHORT ROW SHAPING:
- Row 1: Knit to next wrapped st. Knit this stitch with the wrap by lifting the wrap up and over the stitch before knitting it. Turn.
- Row 2: Purl to next wrapped st, and purl it together with the wrap.
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 until you have worked all wrapped sts. Begin knitting in the round. Center of heel will now mark the beginning of round.
- Continue knitting in the round until foot is 6-1/2" inches from back of heel, or 2 inches less than desired length.
- Starting at beginning of round, on first needle knit to last 3 st, K 2 tog., K1. On second needle, K1, SSK, knit to end of needle. On third needle, knit to last 3 st, K2 tog., K1. Fourth needle: Knit 1, SSK, knit to end of needle. Next round: knit all stitches.
- Repeat these 2 rows until 32 stitches remain (8 on each needle). Knit the decrease round until 16 stitches remain.
- Graft stitches together using Kitchener stitch.