SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Shawl In A Ball: Calming Desert, 1 ball, or color of choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size H-8 (5 mm)
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- About 15" x 66" (38 x 167.5 cm) at widest and longest points
- 12 dc + 3 ch-sp = about 4" (10 cm).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Shawl is worked back and forth in one piece.
- Edging is worked along lower edge of Shawl.
- Ch 80.
- Row 1: Work 3 dc in 5th ch from hook (skipped 4 ch counts as first tr), *ch 2, sk 2 ch, dc in next 4 ch; rep from * to last 3 ch, ch 2, sk 2 ch, (3 dc, tr) in last ch – at the end of Row 1 you will have 54 dc + 13 ch-sps + 2 tr.
- Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as first tr), turn, 3 dc in tr, *ch 2, sk next 2 dc, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next ch-2 sp, dc in next dc; rep from * to beg ch, (3 dc, tr) in top of beg ch – 58 dc + 14 ch-sps + 2 tr.
- Rows 3-28: Rep Row 2.
- Do not fasten off.
- Turn piece so that you can work along the side edge.
- Row 1: Ch 1, working along side edge of Shawl, sc in end of last row, *ch 6, sc in top of tr of next row; rep from * to first row; ch 6, working across opposite side of foundation ch, sc in first ch, **ch 6, sk 2 ch, sc in next ch; rep from ** to opposite side edge of Shawl; ch 6, working along side edge, sc in end of next row, ***ch 6, sc in top of tr of next row; rep from *** to top edge of Shawl.
- Row 2: Turn, sl st in first sc, work 6 sc in each ch-6 sp to last sc, sl st in last sc.
- Fasten off.
- Dampen Shawl thoroughly. Spread a towel onto a flat surface, then lay Shawl onto towel and smooth into shape. Gently shape Shawl to match finished measurements. Use blocking wires if desired to further shape Shawl. Allow to air dry.
- Weave in ends.
- beg = begin(ning)(s)
- ch(s) = chain(s)
- ch-sp = chain space previously made
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat
- sc = single crochet
- sk = skip
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- tr = treble (triple) crochet