Sonoma Cornice with Handkerchief Accent
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- June Tailor® Sonoma Cornice Kit
- 2/3 yd 54" main fabric
- 1/2 yd 54" lining fabric
- 2/3 yd 54" accent fabric
- 1 1?2 yd trim
- Measuring & marking tools
- Fabric cutting tools
- Fusible tape
- Iron & pressing surface
- Drill, phillips-head screwdriver bit
- Staple gun
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the Sonoma Cornice Kit to construct the cornice and cover with the main fabric and lining fabric. DO NOT attach the hanging brackets at this time.
2. To create the handkerchief accent:
3. Cut accent fabric to measure 42"x20".
4. Locate and mark the bottom center point.
5. Cut rectangle from top corners to marked bottom center point to create a triangle.
6. Fold and press a 1" hem along both angled edges and the top edge. Use fusible tape or hot glue to secure hems.
7. Using hot glue, attach trim to the two angled edges. Attach tassel to center point with hot glue.
8. Drape the finished handkerchief accent over the top of the cornice so straight edge extends 1" on back side. Attach handkerchief to back of cornice using a staple gun.
9. Attach the cornice hanging brackets per the instructions included with the Sonoma Cornice Kit.