SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg Little Dress Boutique™ Sophia 1 Yard
- Medium gray 5/8" grosgrain ribbon: 3-1/3 yds (straps)
- Safety pin
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not pre-wash fabrics. Use a 1/2" seam allowance and sew fabrics with right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted. Backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam to secure stitching. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting. Finish seam allowances with zigzag or serge stitching, or pinking shears.
Multi Medallion: 17"x17" squares (2)
Ribbon: 5/8"x60" lengths (2)
- Serge, zigzag or pink all edges of front and back to finish seams.
- To finish the ends of the casing for both pieces, make a clip 1/2" into the sides, 2-1/4" from the top. Fold the sides of the 2-1/4" section to the wrong side 1/4” twice and sew on the inside fold.
- To make the casing, press the top edge to the wrong side 1/4" and again 1". Sew on the inside fold to make the 1” casing.
- Place front and back pieces RST matching edges and corners. Pin and sew the sides and bottom, leaving a 1" opening on the sides, 1" from the bottom.
- Attach the safety pin to the end of one ribbon strap; feed through one casing, then back through the second casing.
- Pull the ribbon to make the ends even. Thread the ribbon ends through the back pack and out the 1" opening on the side, at the bottom edge. Pin ends securely in place.
- Sew the 1" opening closed to secure the strap. Trim ends even with edges. Repeat Steps 5-7 for the second strap going in the opposite direction.
- Turn back pack right side out. Place items in back pack and pull on ribbon straps to close top. Insert arms through straps with pack on child’s back.
Finished Care Instructions: Wash in cool water; hang or lay flat to dry. Press to remove wrinkles, if needed.