Sophia Pillowcase Doll Dress
Finished size: Fits 16”-18” Doll
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Little Dress Boutique Sophia Fabric Quarter
- 1-1/4 yds ribbon: 3/8” wide
- Safety pin
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not prewash fabrics. Sew fabrics with right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted. Backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam to secure stitching. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting.
- To print the doll dress pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).Cut out pattern along solid lines.
- Fold fabric in half lengthwise with fold at the bottom. Place pattern on fold as indicated. Pin and cut out dress shape for a total of two (1365876P37_DressPattern.eps).
- Fold and press the edge of the armholes to the wrong side 1/8” twice and sew close to folded edge to hem.
- Fold and press the top edge 1/8” to the wrong side. Then fold and press it again 3/4” to the wrong side. Sew close to the pressed edge to create the casing.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for the other dress piece.
- Pin front and back of dress RST and sew the side seams using a ¼” seam allowance; press seams open.
- Press bottom edge 1/4” to the wrong side twice. Sew along the pressed edge to hem. Adjust as needed to fit your own doll. Turn dress right side out.
- Cut ribbon into two pieces 21” long. Attach a safety pin to the end of one tie and feed it through the casing. Repeat with the second tie for the back casing. Gather casing on ribbon and tie at shoulders.
Finished Care Instructions: Machine wash warm and hang to dry. Press as needed.
Items in This Collection