1. Using the circular needle, cast on 68 stitches.
2. Join for working in the round, being careful not to twist stitches.
3. Knit 1, purl 1 in ribbing for 5 rows.
4. Knit every row until piece measures 4½" from cast on edge.
5. Knit 2, purl 2 in ribbing for 2½".
6. Bind off loosely in knit 2 purl 2 pattern.
7. Cut yarn; weave in ends with yarn needle.
1. Using size 7 double pointed needles, cast on 64 stitches using green yarn.
2. Distribute stitches evenly on 4 needles, join for working in the round, being careful not to twist stitches. Mark beginning of round.
3. Knit 2, purl 2 in ribbing for 5 rows.
4. Switch to size 9 double pointed needles, and change to purple yarn.
5. Knit every stitch for one inch.
6. Next row: Knit 6, knit 2 together across row, decreasing 8 stitches. There are now 56 stitches.
7. Continue knitting with purple yarn until piece measures 2½" from cast-on edge.
8. Change to green yarn and knit 4 rows.
9. Knit 2 rows with purple yarn.
10. Knit 6, knit 2 together across row, decreasing 7 stitches. There are now 49 stitches
11. Knit 1 row.
12. Knit 5, knit 2 together. 42 stitches
13. Knit 1 row.
14. Knit 4, knit 2 together. 35 stitches.
15. Knit 1 row.
16. Knit 3, knit 2 together. 28 stitches.
17. Knit 1 row.
18. Knit 2, knit 2 together. 21 stitches.
19. Knit 1, knit 2 together. 14 stitches.
20. Knit 2 together across row. 7 stitches
21. Cut yarn, leaving about 10". Thread the yarn needle with tail and run through remaining 7 stitches. Pull tightly, and secure yarn on wrong side of hat.
22. Using green and purple yarn held together; follow directions on Clover® Pom pom maker to make a 1⅝" pom pom.
23. Using yarn needle, pull ends through hat and tie.
24. Weave in ends.
Note: These can be made with any weight of yarn. Knit a gauge swatch to determine the number of stitches per inch. Measure around jar. Multiply the inches in the jar measurement by the number of stitches per inch obtained in the swatch. Add or subtract stitches so that the total can be divided by 4. Subtract an inch for negative ease.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>