Spa Day Robe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2-1/4 yds of 45" or 60" silky print fabric for robe
- 1/2 yd fabric for the facing (can be the same fabric)
- 2 yds of ribbon 1" wide
- 1/2 yd fusible interfacing
- 1 sheet of tissue paper
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. All seams are 5/8" unless noted otherwise.
2. Open fabric so that fabric is single. Fold fabric in half lengthwise. Fold again the other way and that fold line will be the shoulder line. Mark the center where the folds come together and open back up to just the first lengthwise fold. To make the back neck, from the center mark, measure over 3" and down 3", making a curved line to connect. Repeat the measurements for front. Cut out excess around inner neckline. In the front along the fold measure down 4-1/4" and make a slit.
3. Trace around neckline and slit for the facing on to tissue paper. Measure 3" out all around neckline to make complete the facing shape and cut out one facing in both fabric and fusible interfacing.
4. Sew facing to neckline with a 1/4" seam allowance, turn, stay stitch. Serge or hem edge of facing and top stitch all around outer edge of the robe/caftan.
5. Cut 2 ribbons for the front ties, 36" each. Measure down 12" at shoulder line on caftan. Measure over 10" to the left then 10" to the right from center front, place ribbons and sew end in place.
6. To sew side seams- fold caftan at shoulder line. Measure over 6" and up from hem 14", pin and sew front and back together, sewing a straight line up 11" on each side. Measurement may vary for size.
7. Tie ribbons into a bow.