Fits a range of sizes. Measures 38"x44" [96.5 x 112 cm], before folding & seaming
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 skeins Lion Brand® Fishermen’s Wool® Yarn: Oak Tweed
- Circular knitting needle size 9 [5.5 mm] 29" [73.5 cm]
- Stitch markers
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 16 sts + 22 rows = 4"[10 cm] in St st (k on RS, p on WS).
- PATTERN STITCH:
- K1, p1 Rib (odd number of sts)
- Row 1: *K1, p1; rep from * to last st, k last st.
- Row 2: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
- Rep Row 2 for K1, p1 Rib.
- To print the pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Circular needle is used to accommodate large number of sts. Work back & forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
- Cast on 153 sts.
- Work in K1, p1 Rib until piece measures 2" [5 cm] from beg. Work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) until piece measures 42" [106.5 cm] from beg.
- Work in K1, p1 Rib until piece measures 44" [112 cm] from beg. Bind off.
- FINISHING: Fold piece in half, bringing cast-on edge to bound-off edge, to measure 38"x22" [96.5 x 56 cm]. Place markers on each of the 22" [56 cm] sides, 7" [18 cm] below the fold for armholes. Seam sides from marker down to lower edge. Weave in ends.
- beg = beginning
- k = knit
- p = purl
- rep = repeat
- RS = right side
- st = stitch
- St st = Stockinette stitch
- WS = wrong side