Spider Shivers T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tacky Packs for fabric
- Fabric Fusion Fabric Glue Pen
- Fashion Form
- Fashion Art Tweezers
- Jewel-It glue
- Sequin trims:
- 5 yds lime
- 1 yd purple
- Acrylic gems:
- Assorted purple
- 4mm clear crystal
- White chalk
- Paper towels
- Plain paper
- T-shirt: black, or desired color
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wash, dry and iron shirt to remove any sizing. Insert Fashion Form into shirt.
- Use chalk to very lightly draw spider web on shirt. Starting at shoulder seam, draw lines extending from one point outward toward other side of shirt, adding curved connector lines.
- Start Fabric Fusion Pen on paper towel. Squeeze a line of glue on a curved connector then press lime sequins into glue, trimming ends with scissors to fit line. Repeat step with all connectors.
- Glue long sections of sequin trim onto remaining lines, covering cut ends of connectors. Allow to dry.
- Determine placement of spider body; mark with small chalk dot. Add dot of Jewel-It glue over chalk dot; press in a large gem for spider body. Use the Fabric Fusion pen and purple sequin trim to add 8 legs. Glue sequins around gem body, overlapping last one or two sequins. This will also cover cut end of legs.
- Use Jewel-It glue to adhere the following purple gems in place: medium size at each end of web strands, a gem slightly smaller than body for head of spider, smaller size for end of each leg, and a large one on shoulder to cover all cut ends of sequin strands. Allow to dry.
- Write EEK on paper to make pattern, flip word pattern over and hold up to light source. Use chalk to lightly trace over lines. Position pattern, chalk side down, on shirt where shown then run a finger over lines to transfer to fabric. Remove pattern.
- Use Fabric Fusion glue from Tacky Pack to adhere smaller acrylic gems for word. Working in short sections at a time, squeeze 6 small dots of glue equally spaced along line of the E. Use Fashion Art Tweezers to place small crystal gems into glue. Repeat step with remainder of letters. Add an exclamation point with purple gems. Allow to dry.