Spider Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Wash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Place damp shirt on covered surface and smooth flat with hands.
- Decide the area on the fabric where you want the swirl to be. Pinch fabric at this point. Twist fabric around into a flat spiral.
- Bind with rubber bands, creating 6 wedge shapes. Use more rubber bands as desired.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water to lines indicated. Replace caps then shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Apply Dye on wedges using as many colors as desired, in the desired arrangement – alternating wedges.
- Flip shirt over and dye all wedges with Black dye.
- Wrap T-shirt in plastic table cover and let set for 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Cut rubber bands. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.