Spinner Beads Jewelry
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sculpey III 2 oz. polymer clay blocks: Granny Smith, Purple, Emerald and Violet
- Conventional or craft oven
- Metal baking sheet or oven-proof glass
- Needle tool or wooden skewer
- Stretchable beading material
- 2 fancy headpins
- Two 1" fishhook ear wires
- Silver spacer beads
- Two 2.5mm crimp beads
- Flexible wire
- Toggle clasp
- Glass E beads
- Clay knife or blade
- Oven thermometer
Preheat oven to 275F. Test temperature for perfectly cured clay.
- Condition clay, one color at a time, by kneading in your hands for two minutes.
- Roll Granny Smith clay into a log. Roll tiny coils of Purple, Violet and Emerald clay. Line sides of the log with coils. Roll and twist log until it is desired thickness for your beads.
- Slice off discs that are at least 1/4" thick from the log.
- Make smaller balls of the coordinating colors and push onto each side of each disk.
- Create holes in beads with the needle tool or skewer before baking.
- Bake beads on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275F for 15 minutes per 1/4" thickness. Do not microwave. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
- Refer to photo. String beads and spacers on flexible wire for necklace and attach clasp. String beads and spacers on stretchable beading material for bracelet.
- Assemble each earring on headpins and attach fishhook wires.