SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® foam balls: seven 1", five 1-1/2", one 6"
- Black glittered tree branch
- Black plastic cauldron
- Black feathers
- Acrylic paint: black, white
- Black glitter
- Spider webbing
- Chenille stems: black, white
- Cloth-covered wire: white
- Ten 6mm wiggle eyes
- Sand or small pebbles, optional
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
1. To create the bats: Paint the 1-1/2" balls black. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with black glitter and set aside to dry. Once dry, glue two wiggle eyes to each of the bats. Cut small sections of the cloth-covered wire and bend them into small fangs as shown. Glue fangs to each of the bats below the eyes. Glue feathers to each side for the wings. Cut two 1" pieces of black chenille stem for each bat and bend into a “V" shape for the ears. Glue in place.
2. To create the ghosts: Cut fourteen 7" squares of cheesecloth. Cut seven 6" pieces of white chenille stem and fold each stem in half. Glue the folded end of each stem into each of the 1" balls, creating the head and neck. Fold the ends of each stem in half again to create the arms. Lay two of the cheesecloth squares crisscrossed so that eight corners are visible. Place the head in the center of the square and tightly secure the cheesecloth at the neck with the white wire. Leave a 1" end on the wire to use as a hanger for the ghost. Dip a toothpick in black paint and dot eyes and mouths on each ghost.
3. Cut a flat spot on the bottom of the 6" ball and glue it inside the container. Optional: To help stabilize the tree, pour small pebbles or sand into the container around the ball for added weight. Glue the glittered branch into the center of the foam ball in the container. String spider web lightly through the branches and cover the top of the container.
4. Attach the bats to the tree by gluing the ends of the branches into the bottom of the bats. Hang the ghosts to the branches with the wire hanger.