Spring Blossom Eggs
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg 2-1/2" Styrofoam brand colored eggs
- Styro Cutter Plus
- 12 gauge silver aluminum wire
- Pink glitter
- Acrylic jewels
- Flat paint brush
- Tulip Fabric Glitter Spray Crystalina
- Low-temp glue gun*
- Tacky glue
- Paper plate
- Easter basket
- 1 spool 1"-1-1/2" ribbon
*Glue gun should only be used with adult supervision
- Follow the package instructions for the Styro Cutter Plus to cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Set aside one half of each of the colored eggs.
- Hollow out one of each halves of the eggs using the spoon to scoop out the inside. Be very careful as they will be fragile. Scoop out leaving about a 1/4" shell.
- Use a pencil to draw designs as desired on the front of each egg. Use the Styro Cutter Plus to carefully cut out the designs.
- Brush a thick coat of glue on the flat cut side of the remaining halves of the eggs. Pour glitter onto a paper plate, press the eggs firmly into the glitter repeatedly to get a heavy coating of glitter. Allow to dry.
- Glue the hollowed half eggs to the glittered half eggs; you can mix/match the colors if you like. Spray the eggs front and back with the glitter spray. Use the aluminum wire to wrap around and create a wire frame for the eggs to hang from, refer to photo. Embellish with acrylic jewels.
- Loop ribbon through wire hanger and attach to basket handle.
- Make a bow and attach to side of basket handle.
- Use basket as centerpiece. Fill with flowers or candy.