Spring Fence with Pots
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ready-to-decorate wood fence basket
- 2 paper mache pots
- Mini chalk board
- Americana™ Paint: Snow White, Foliage Green
- Decoupage medium
- Chevron paper
- 2 colors of tissue paper
- Purple pom-pom trim
- Medium flat brush
- Small detail brush
- 2" foam brush
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Protected work surface
1. Paint the pots & fence basket white.
2. Choose two colors of tissue paper that coordinate with chevron paper. Tear sections of tissue roughly 2"x2" varying size and shape slightly.
3. Working in sections, apply decoupage medium to one of the white pots and layer on pieces of tissue paper. Overlap the pieces and rip odd shapes to add interest.
4. Once both pots are covered add a layer of decoupage medium over the entire pot to seal the tissue paper.
5. Measure out a piece of the purple pom-pom trim that will swag from the top corner of the fence on the front side to the opposite side. Cut, leaving enough excess to wrap around the back.
6. Cut pieces of scrap paper into triangles to fit between the pom-poms on the trim. These will act like small pennant flags. Glue the triangles on the back side of the trim between each ball.
7. Glue the ends in place in the top corners. Secure the trim by wrapping it around to the back.
8. Paint to frame the chalkboard with foliage green paint. Inside the chalkboard, paint "SPRING" with a small detail brush and white paint.
9. Clip the chalkboard onto the fence basket and place the pots inside the basket.