Spring Garden Bulletin Board
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam brand foam: 1"x12"x18" sheet
- Floral print fabric, 16-1/2"x10-1/2"
- Coordinating fabric, 8"x36"
- Quilt batting strips: two 2-1/2"x20"; two 2-1/2"x10"
- 2-1/2 yds. 3/8" wide satin ribbon, violet
- 1-1/2 yds. 1/4" wide satin ribbon, purple
- Sharp pencil
- Straight pins
- Nail file with rounded tip
- 3M Spray Adhesive for Styrofoam brand foam
- Glue gun and glue sticks* -or- white craft glue
- Rotary cutter, optional
*Glue gun should only be used with adult supervision
Note: 3M Spray Adhesive is used for Step 1only. Steps 2-4 use glue gun and glue sticks or white craft glue.
- Using yardstick and a sharp pencil, mark and score a 1" frame around the foam sheet. Scored lines should be felt through fabric. Using Spray Adhesive, glue 16-1/2"x10-1/2" fabric to center of sheet and smooth out until flat. Use nail file to tuck fabric edges into scored lines.
- Using white craft glue, or glue gun, adhere batting strips to front and edges of frame. Cut two 4"x22" and two 4"x10-1/2" strips of coordinating fabric. Place 22" strip over one long edge of frame and tuck 1/4" seam into scored lines. Wrap other side of strip to back of board; glue to secure. Repeat with remaining 22" strip, then two 10-1/2" strips.
- Cut four 13" lengths of violet ribbon and pin diagonally to board, evenly spaced. Glue ends of two corner ribbons to back of board. Apply glue to ends of two center ribbons and tuck into score lines. Repeat with purple ribbon, placing on the opposite diagonal and weaving ribbons over and under violet ribbons. Pin remaining violet ribbon to back of board to make hanger.