Spring Is Here Birdhouse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood birdhouse with fence
- Acrylic paint: blue, green, yellow, white
- Cardstock: patterned & light blue solid
- Flower punch
- Chalk & applicator
- Black pen or computer-generated quote
- Glue stick
- Bird pattern (or draw freehand)
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
- Basecoat house & porch with yellow paint. Allow paint to dry between each application. Apply as many coats of each color as necessary for good coverage. Paint roof edges & base of birdhouse green. Paint roof & inside edge of the opening blue. Paint fence posts & perch white.
- Cut bird shape from patterned cardstock. Cut wing & eye shapes from contrasting cardstock. Assemble bird. Position & glue bird to birdhouse as shown.
- Punch flowers from a variety of cardstock. Create some contrasting flower centers. Cut slim stems from patterned cardstock, position & glue around the sides of the birdhouse.
- Write or print quotes for each side of the roof on light blue cardstock.
- Cut out each word separately.
- Chalk edges; glue to the roof of birdhouse.