Spring Maxi Dress Tutorial
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 yards lightweight jersey knit (not see-through)
- Matching thread
- Double needle
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Cut material for a FRONT DRESS and BACK DRESS piece (make sure you cut them on the folded edge as shown), two SLEEVES (also cut on the fold), 2 NECKLINE LINING pieces (front and back), and 2 POCKETS (approx. 6"x8" each).
- With right sides together, pin the dress at the shoulder seams and sew together with a straight stitch.
- Open the dress and lay it on a flat surface. Find the top point on the SLEEVE piece and line it up with the shoulder seam with right sides together. Pin along each side of the sleeve to attach it to the arm hole, then sew together with a straight stitch. Repeat for the second sleeve.
- Hem the ends of the sleeves to the desired length using a double needle (Which allows for some stretch). Alternatively, use a stretch stitch.
- With right sides together, pin the sides of your dress from the hem of the sleeve to the bottom of the dress. Make sure to line it up at the underarm seams. Sew together with a straight stitch.
- Sew the two NECKLINE LINING pieces together to form a loop, then pin to the dress neckline with right sides together. Sew around the entire neckline with a straight stitch, attaching the lining to the neckline. Trim the seam allowance and then tuck the lining inside and press flat.
- Fold all sides of the pockets in 1/2" and sew around the pocket. Pin the pocket to the dress in the desired placement and sew around the sides and bottom to attach it to the dress.
- Sew around the neckline to secure the lining underneath, and hem the dress to the desired length.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd12566
Available for U.S. Shipping Only